Treasurer of Bland County
The elected position of Treasurer was created in the Virginia Constitution of 1870. The Treasurer's independent status as an elected official ensures that local funds will be collected, invested and spent by an officer that reports directly to the people.
Virginia's city and county Treasurers are the chief financial officers for their localities, collecting revenues and local fees, and making payments on behalf of the local government.
The Treasurer is responsible for collecting all forms of revenue which come into the locality, including:
- Real Estate taxes
- Personal Property Taxes
- Water/Sewer/Trash fees
- Dog tag fees
- Business taxes
- Court, Sheriff, and Clerk fees
The Treasurer's Office also accepts payments for State Income taxes and Estimated State Income payments. Prepayment plans for CountyReal Estate and Personal Property taxes are available.
1) Bland County Personal Property and Real Estate tax tickets have been mailed out and are due December 5, 2018. If you have not received your tax statements, please contact the Treasurer’s office at 276-688-3741.
2) 2018 Bland County dog tags expire on December 31, 2018. 2019 tags will be available beginning November 1, 2018.
- Per the Code of Virginia Title 58.1 Section 3911, Bland County Real Estate and Personal Property taxes are due on or before December 5, each year.
- Dog tags expire December 31st of each year.
- Money Orders
- Credit/Debit Cards (Visa, MasterCard, Discovery, and American Express)
The following fees will apply:
- $25.00 service charge for returned checks
- $.55 fee for debit card transactions (in office only)
- 2% transaction fee for credit cards in office
- 4% transaction fee for credit cards via telephone or mail