Citizens and businesses of the County of Bland can now sign up for the free CodeRED Emergency Warning System. CodeRED has provided the County of Bland with a general database, but citizens and businesses are encouraged to simply click on the link below to register and enter/update their information. It is recommended that all businesses register, as well as all individuals who have unlisted phone numbers, individuals and businesses who have changed their phone number or address within the past year, and those who use a cellular phone or a VOIP phone as their primary number. When registering, citizens/businesses need to make sure that after they have entered their address that the pin is located on their home or business. If it is not they will not receive specific alerts for that area. Those without internet access or those that have any questions may call Bland County's Department of Emergency Services at 688-4641 Monday-Friday, (8:30 a.m.- 5 p.m.) to supply their information over the phone.
The CodeRED system and its services have been acquired through a regional Emergency Services grant project which involves the County of Bland. Upon signing up for this system citizens will have access to the CodeRED Weather Warning System that taps into the National Weather Service's Storm Based Warning System. This allows citizens to receive real time weather alerts that could impact their area. This is an opt-in only service.
In addition, citizens will also have access to the CodeRED Emergency Warning System and will be able to receive general alerts if they so choose when registering. Examples of alerts citizens can expect:
- Dangerous or missing persons
- Fraud or scam alerts
- Power outages, blackouts, water main breaks, boil water notices, and road closures
- Schedule changes holiday hours and changes to county services
- Wildfire, flood, and other weather related alerts
- Shelter locations in the event of a severe weather incident.
To register for the CodeRED Emergency Warning System after clicking on the link above, you will have to enter the follow:
- Enter your name
- Choose residential or business
- Address name
- Your physical address (do not use your P.O. Box)
- City, State, and Zip code
- The phone number you wish to receive alerts on. This can be a home phone or cell phone and the TDD/TTY device option is available.
- If it is a cell phone, you can choose whether to receive text messages. You will then need to choose your wireless provider.
- Be sure that emergency notification is checked. We recommend every citizen and business also check general notifications.
- Choose which severe weather alerts you would like to receive by home phone and cell phone.
- Individuals have the option of adding or removing phone numbers
- Choose whether you would like to add an email address to receive alerts
- After clicking to agree to the terms and conditions and data privacy, click verify information
- The individual will then be asked if you would like to create an account, we recommend choosing this option so the individual registering can alter their information later if needed.
The individual will then be asked to verify their information.
Mobile Alert app