Bland County Emergency Management
The Department of Emergency Management is charged with creating the framework within which communities reduce vulnerability to threats/hazards and cope with disasters. The primary goals being to reduce loss of life, minimized property loss and environmental damage, and protect from all threats and hazards. The local Emergency Manager has the responsibility for coordinating Emergency Management programs and activities, including:
- Managing resources before, during and after a major emergency or disaster.
- Taking inventory of personnel and material resources to include the private-sector sources that would be available in an emergency.
- Identify resource deficiencies and working with appropriate officials on measures to resolve them
- Developing and carrying out public awareness and education programs.
- The Department is also the point of contact for the County’s 911 Center.
Virginia Department of Emergency Management (VDEM)- http://www.vaemergency.gov/
Prepare and Prevent (VDEM)- http://www.vaemergency.gov/prepare-recover/recover-rebuild/prepare-home-prevent-loss/
Ready Virginia- https://www.ready.gov/
American Red Cross- http://www.redcross.org/
National Weather Service (NOAA)- http://www.weather.gov/
National Incident Management System (NIMS)- https://www.fema.gov/national-incident-management-system
CDC Guide to Extreme Heat
Humane Society - Protect Your Pets
Jenna L. Dunn, E-911/Emergency Services Coordinator
County of Bland, Virginia
PO Box 510
612 Main Street
Bland, VA 24315
“Bland County is a an equal opportunity employer and provider”